Monday, April 5, 2010

My first WH...

Alright, I finally found one. Although it's not exactly what I was originally aiming for. After 3 or 4 days of searching for WH's I eventually stumbled across a vacant C3 while crusing around lo sec. According to several sources that I read it would seem that the quieter WH's are often found in lo sec as those WH's will often spawn openings leading to lo sec. This means that you have FAR less traffic since the casual (noob :) ) WH traveler won't venture into lo sec to look for one.

So this WH was about 5 jumps deep into lo sec and the system had a lot of locals. So it was a hair-raising experience bringing my Itty V and other ships in. When I had made my way into the WH and begun setting up my POS, I realized that I had forgotten my salvage boat! So I had to make my way 12 jumps back to my staging area to go grab it. Not that bad but it sucks to realize, after you've come down off of your adrenaline high, that you gotta go BACK through hostile space.

But all said and done, I made it. Set up the small tower and then anchored and onlined the corp hangar and ship maintenance array. I'm all set!

Now, again, this wasn't the perfect system I was looking for. It is not chock full like I was hoping my first WH would be. But it is great to finally be in here laying waste to sleepers!

The sites upon my entry are:
  • Fortification Stronhold
  • Outpost Frontier Stronghold
  • Solar Cell
  • The Oruze Construct
  • Ordinary Perimeter Deposit
  • Unexceptional Frontier Deposit

Not a whole lot. But it is comforting to know that since I got in here, I have not seen hide nor hair of even one other pilot. The only evidence of previous occupancy is the lack of sites along with two leftover mobile warp disruptors.

I have run one site so far and it was definately more of a challenge than the sites I ran in C2 WH's. I had to warp out a few times and noticed that Antioch's Domi had a hard time keeping up with the dps as many of the enemies NOS'd her. Even Bob's drake had some difficulty maintaining his tank on the last wave of enemies. But, when it was all said and done, I was able to finish the site and made an estimated 18-20 mil in salvage and loot off of it. Not too bad. Definately a good experience as it shows me that I can survive out here in the C3 territory. I have enough fuel for about 10 days and I will certainly be able to clear the rest of the sites during that time. So I'll keep my ear to the ground and look for a favorable WH that might pop up in my system here leading to a C2 or another C3 with possible greener pastures...

No comments:

Post a Comment