Tuesday, April 20, 2010

That was quick!

So last night I pulled out of my WH with the intention of shorter stints in W-space. Probably taking in only a small tower so that I could remain very mobile and move when I found a greener pasture.

I log on today and find a WH 3 jumps from my staging system leading to a C2. Not very many sites but I find a C3 WH leading from it. Jackpot.

This C3 has over 20 sleeper sites and about 15 sigs. I haven't even taken the time to scan them all down yet. Even more interesting, there's two abandoned medium towers. One still has guns anchored to it. The other one is alone. Both from different corps and different alliances.

So I decided to setup the small POS and bring in the orca with the medium POS setup in its hold. I'm here to stay for a bit.

I would love to hear from you, what can I do to profit from the abandoned towers? That's at least 400 million isk floating in my WH.

3 comments:

  1. Not much you can do with the towers. If you think there is value in the remaining anchored defenses, you can kill the tower, which will allow you to un-anchor the defenses.

    Two abandoned POS from different corps does raise a little flag (sure there are no NullSec statics?), or could be a simple coincidence...

    More valuable than any single C3 would be a C2 with a static C3 exit, so my initial thought was to move into the C2 if the C3 was static...

    Fly Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking down a medium POS solo is not really option. Your only slim chance of isk is telling the respective corps about them and giving them a route to get them. For a finder's fee of course.

    But it's highly unlikely any corp would bother with an offer like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Star - Good to know. Probably won't bother then. Might even be good at deterring the casual d-scanner. Who wants to bother with a system with 3 Med towers?! hehe I could only be so lucky. The entry into the C3 was not a static. Looks like i'll have a static C2 though.

    @Banear - Yeah I'll probably just leave their skeletal remains.

    ReplyDelete